METHOD What is a guest lesson?
A guest lesson is a 45-90 minute school lesson with a guest teacher, i.e. an expert in the field, which takes place face-to-face or virtually.
The visiting teacher talks about his or her specialty, profession, skills needed in the world of work, entrepreneurship or financial wisdom, involves students in the discussion and, if possible, also conducts some practical activities. Tips for giving guest lessons can be found on the Future Makers blog.
- poet's literature lessons;
- start-up founder's entrepreneurial classes;
- a career lesson as a human resources manager;
- marketing manager to talk about analytics for a math lesson;
- athlete sharing his career story in physical education;
- investor in the youth centre to teach financial wisdom.